How can the fund help?
The npower Energy Fund is referred to as "the Fund" throughout this form.
- The Fund can help you to clear debts for domestic electricity and gas.
Who can apply for a grant?
- You can apply if you are a current domestic account holder (the person / persons named on the bill) of npower or live in a domestic property that receives its electricity and/or gas supply from npower and are in need, poverty, hardship or other distress.
- The account holder can apply for help with Gas or Electricity debts. If the account holder is unable to make the application for a grant themselves, someone else may complete the application on their behalf. However the account holder must tick the declaration box at the end of the application.
The Fund cannot provide you with the following:
- Give you a loan
- Give you help with bills that you have already paid or with items that you have already bought.
- Medical equipment, aids and adaptations
- Fines for criminal offences
- Over payment of benefits
- Educational or training needs
- Business debts
- Debts to central or local government departments e.g. tax and national insurance
- Catalogues, credit cards, personal loans and other forms of non-secured lending
- Deposits to secure accommodation